Disk Operating System
Disk Operating System was introduced by Microsoft. It is an operating system that must be loaded into computer RAM before starting any work related to it on the computer.Like BIOS,DOS also provide a set of user services.Example of these services are DIR,FORMAT,MODE,PROMPT,COPY which is already known as DOS Command.Program written using DOS Services can run on any computer using the DOS operating system.
- DOS allow us to backup and Restore data using MSBACKUP program.
- DOS allow us to retrieve a deleted file using UNDELETE command.
- DOS allow us to retrieve data from a formatted disk using UNFORMAT command.
- DOS Provide a hardware independent services.
- Services are evolving much faster.